Wednesday 25 March 2015

I tell lots of stories about my chickens

I have many stories about chickens. They follow me around and cause problems but they are also an interesting connection to the wild. One of mine or my cousins hens raised 13 chicks on the edge of the creek last year and now this flock lives in the cherry tree beside my chicken coop. The birds raised in the wild have some extra wisdom about the their own safety and I have a hard time penning them in. Instead I try to keep them out of places I need for my self. This is an ongoing struggle and I may have to take more control but it is interesting to see the balance of things. There is a also a time to eat the rosters. Although the one pictured below has earned my favor in the past and he knows it. He seems to follow me and try to show me his superior intelligence about the situation he is in.
Roster on the porch

Chickens raised on the land live in the cherry tree all year

The rosters and chickens have their own lives around here

In the winter the chickens appreciate a little shoveling but make their own roads

Chickens in the tree after a heavy snow fall

No comments:

Post a Comment