Monday 15 February 2016

Essential questions

Heraclitus asked a question something like "Why is it impossible to step into the same river twice." Because both the river and the person have changed -- the world is in constant flux. -- This is a great question with an answer.
My dog nose things she learns from the river.

Interesting discussion on essential questions. I like the video "what is Art for?" but I am still following up with my favorite essential question -- "who benefits?" ..... What is art for and who benefits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn0bDD4gXrE
What is Art?

I also like a challenge I found this week in this discussion. The challenge is to think about questions not to ask?
Why would a student take this course? How much would you pay for your education before it became too expensive? What would it take to make you buy a fake education online? Does anyone have any personal beliefs that are going to interfere with their participation in this course?

No comments:

Post a Comment