Tuesday 19 January 2016

Reflecting on adult learners

A back yard Igloo

       One of the things I have taken from the forum discussion on adult learners is that they need to understand why the learning is important and what the information relates to. It makes me think about the times I have decided to try something just for the experience. There are also some experiences that it would take a great deal of convincing for me to try. But trying something is not quite as good as really wanting to learn something.
       A couple of years ago I built a back yard Igloo for a new years party. The guests were quite impressed and some asked if I would come and build one at their house or perhaps teach them how. I was reminded of how keen I had been on learning how to make an Igloo in grade 10. A motivated learner is a special thing. Learning to motivate yourself is something worth learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment